Firestarter Podcast 10 - Part 1 of Creating a Nurse-led Social Enterprise in Health
This is the Firestarter Podcast which is the world's first podcast for social enterprises in health.
This podcast is the first of a 5-part workshop on "How to create a nurse-led social enterprise in health" run by Dave Dawes from Entreprenurses Community Interest Company. If you would like to attend future versions of this free course, please click here.
The podcast covers:
- What is a social enterprise?
- Definitions of social enterprise and how it is different from the public and private sector
- What is your underlying business model?
- The difference between corporate social responsibility and social enterprise
- Finding profitable areas to work in
- Are social enterprises competing unfairly with the private sector?
- Will the NHS support a long-term profit-based model?
- The problem with being commissioned by only one organisation (monopsony)
- The economics of fair trade and social enterprises
- How do you measure your social good?
Podcast 10 - This can be downloaded here (35 Mb)