Firestarter Podcast 1 - What is a social enterprise?
This is the Firestarter Podcast which is the world's first podcast for social enterprises in health.
This week's podcast features an interview with Chris Dabbs, the Chief Executive of CHAP (Community Health Action Partnership) and co-ordinator of the NHS Networks' Social Enterprise Network. This podcast covers:
- What is a social enterprise?
- The difference between social entrepreneurs and social enterprises
- Why social enterprises often have to get rid of their founders
- How to find entrepreneurs in your organisation (Hint: they are often the weirdo troublemaker)
- Why entrepreneurs often make bad managers
- What drives social entrepreneurs
- Chris' "Mrs Buggins Test"
- "Creative commons" and sharing ideas
- The added value of social entrepreneurs
- Why NHS Networks is a fantastic organisation
Podcast 1 - This can be downloaded here (23 Mb)