Firestarter Podcast 5 - Going from grant-funding to contract-funding
This is the Firestarter Podcast which is the world's first podcast for social enterprises in health.
This week's podcast features another interview with Chris Dabbs, the Chief Executive of CHAP (Community Health Action Partnership) and co-ordinator of the NHS Networks' Social Enterprise Network. This podcast covers:
- The problems with being grant-funded
- Moving from a "dependent needs-based mentality" to an "independent strengths-based mentality"
- How to start the process
- Developing contacts among commissioners
- Generating income from several different types of customers and organisations
- Turning creativity into enterprise and business solutions
- Why there is no shortage of money (but often a shortage of good ideas!)
Podcast 5 - This can be downloaded here (27 Mb)