The start-up phase
Most people decide to start-up a new social enterprise in a pub or a café and that may be where you are now. If so don’t spill wine or beer on the keyboard as it is a nightmare to clean even if you are using a new shiny iPhone. What we have found is there are some common questions and issues that people need help with at this stage and hopefull we can help with that. So assuming that this is the morning after you decide to set up your own social enterprise, have some paracetemol, a large coffee, don’t send off that resignation email just yet and read on.
Some of our most recent additions are:
- How the EPOCH business model will increase your turnover or your money back
- The myth of audited accounts (or how to save money on your accountancy fees)
- Why is most free business support so terrible?
You may find Podcast 6 useful which covers:
- Staff-ownership models vs community-owned models
- How to engage staff & dealing with unions
- The change management process
- The highlights from the first year's acheivements
Click here to access the podcast
If you have suggestions for new content, resources or information, then please pop it in our suggestion box. The current most popular suggestions for this section are:
- When to leave your current job
- The practicalities of the 1st year
- Saving up for your "lifeboat fund"
- Getting a core team together